Sunday, July 22, 2012

Laughing Moon Silverado Corset #7

I have finished the edging and made a flossing sampler. I am just itching to get started on the corset itself, but the house needs cleaning and my back and shoulders need a break from being bent over sewing handwork. We'll see how long I can stay away...

In the meantime, here are pictures of the current progress.

I squish differently than my dress form. 

This ribbon acts as a drawstring to help close the top front. 

Flossing sampler prepped with left over bone tips

My practice flossing. I'm trying to find the right number of threads to use (it looks like 1 works well for most). I'm also trying to find ways to use the two colors of floss. I really like the center version, but I'm still looking around for other ideas. I may make a second sampler, but I also may just drive right in.

No comments: