Yesterday I made some adjustments to the pattern and constructed a fully boned, single layer mock up for a final fitting. That was an astonishing success, so I was able to make final pattern adjustments and cut out and stitch together two layers of coutil for the final version. Whew!
I have also discovered two really excellent corset resources that I wanted to share. The first is the Foundations Revealed website. They have an incredible corset workshop pamphlet available for download that looks to be an insightful approach to drafting your own pattern or adjusting an existing one.
The second resource is Sidney Eileen's website, which is a good resource for costumers generally. More specifically, I'm really enjoying her tutorial on corset flossing.
Here are pictures from yesterday's marathon session:
|raising the bust line|
|reducing 2" at the waist by taking in 1/8th" on four seams|
|One side flipped up due to the lacing arrangement, but that can be easily fixed. The only back adjustment I plan on making a smoothing out the little points at my shoulder blades.|
|Further bust adjustments and marks for shortening the front.|
|More TA DA!!! Two layers of coutil cut and sewn from the new pattern. I'm ready to add the waist stay and get this finished!|