Now that garment was almost all in one piece, I could put it on the dress form and see how things were looking:
The collar was just pinned into place, but I could already spot a few minor trouble spots.
1) major collar roll:
I was kicking myself for not drafting a proper undercollar pattern that could help roll the collar under instead of just cutting two collar patterns. I briefly considered redrafting another pattern, but I decided that since I needed to wear the robe in less than 36 hours, I should probably just suck it up and hope that once it was actually attached to the gown and covered by a hood, it would not be so noticeable. To those who might be attempting this, I strongly recommend drafting a separate undercollar pattern.
2) the front undercollar was on the bias and had stretched out quite a bit. I had to ease this back in because I could not recut the collar without scrapping the whole thing and I had already nixed that plan. So I just pinned in the ease and hoped that this would work out:
In my pinning madness, I got a little obsessed with having all my pins "organized"
time was running out before the gown needed to be worn to the hooding ceremony...