Monday, May 19, 2008

construction -- front

The front was fairly easy to put together. I noticed that I wanted to move the front pleat as close to the armscye as I could get it without catching it in the seam. I did the by leaving 5/8" seam allowance and then measuring the depth of the pleat against the front yoke, making sure that the center fronts matched:

Then it was time to sew the front to the yoke, sew the side seams, and sew the sleaves to the front and back. Once I was happy with the seams, I trimmed them down to 3/8" and zigzagged over the edge (not to self: next purchase should be a serger).

No comments: