Tuesday, March 25, 2008

countdown

The dissertation is due to the committee in 6 days. Hmmm... you know what that means? Time to think about something else.

I received my one-time use gown yesterday. It's great to have a back up, but it's also good to help me match colors. Yes I know the cheap gown i not the same color as the nicer one, but if I can match the cheap one, I won't stand out too much.

I also received swatches of 4-ply silk and charmeuse from an eBay site and darned if they weren't exactly the same as the fabric from G Street, but at less than 1/2 the price (and they sent me a 10% off coupon).

I don't have time to take pictures, but the best color matches so far have the 3-ply silk crepe (for color), the 4-ply silk crepe (slightly darker color, better drape, better highlights), and the light weight linen (slightly off color, wrong drape but I think I could fix the drape by washing and drying it in the machine). The wool crepe it too dark, but I know that the cheap gowns are lighter than the nice ones, so I could still go that route if I wanted to.

Back to my spreadsheets.

No comments: