Sunday, June 1, 2008

Yay for projects that work!

I got a bee in my bonnet that I really needed to complete a successful project in order to restore confidence in myself.

I bought Simplicity 4273 a while back. It looked like a nice wardrobe and I really like the skirt pattern. The dress was a surprise bonus that went together beautifully in 4 hours from pattern prep to hemming. How nice to put something together so smoothly!

You can see my full review on (check out the widget off to the side here), but here are the pictures:

The dress:

The jacket:

Actually, the pattern layout deserves special note. I only had 1 1/2 yards of the brocade, so getting all the main pattern pieces on there was a real challenge. The stroke of insight came when I realized that I could cut the facings out of a different coordinating fabric. I used the rest of the gold silk from the doctoral gown. Pretty sweet.

1 comment:

luckylibbet said...

So pretty! I'm drooling over that sumptious brocade, and you did such a wonderful job on the layout. BTW, the inside of the jacket is as pretty as the outside. Terrif attention to details!